- Published on Sunday, 26 March 2017 14:51
After completing their two-year noviceship in Myanmar, Leonard Mah and Joel Yuen professed their simple perpetual vows on the Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord (March 25, 2017). The profession mass was celebrated in the Hall of the Pilgrim, Kingsmead Centre in Singapore, and was presided by Fr. Christopher Soh, SJ, the superior of the Malaysia-Singapore region. Leonard's and Joel's family and friends, and benefactors of the society were there to share in the joy. In attendance were Jesuits from various provinces, including Fr. Cao Nguyen, the socius to the novice master in Myanmar.
To see more photos of the event, please go to this link.
- Published on Saturday, 31 December 2016 16:14
by Nalerin Erone, SJ
Winter in Seoul, Korea did not deter 39 Jesuits Scholastics and Brothers in-Formation from 12 Provinces and Regions in JCAP to gather for the 15th Scholastics and Brothers Circle (SBC) meeting from the date of December 19 to 28, 2016. The SBC Meeting that has been held since 1985 have established networks between the Scholastics and Brothers in-Formation throughout JCAP to discuss issues of interest in the world today. This meeting was to discuss about the migration issue with the theme “Understanding Migration: The South Korea Experience Guide by the Ignation Teaching Paradigm.”
This meeting has led the Scholastics and Brothers in-Formation to improve their understanding of Migration in general as well as migration in Asia context. This would be an important formation opportunity for scholastics and brothers- in-formation to be with the struggles of people in migration and be touched by this world reality of people on the move. Beyond the theoretical frameworks, this SBC meeting had endowed with an on the ground experience for the scholastics and brothers to learn from the migrant apostolic communities by engaging live-in with the people migrated to Korea.
This meeting was accompanied by Fr. Bambang Alfred Sipaung, SJ, Regional Director of Jesuit Refugee Service Asia Pacific and Fr. Benny Juliawan, SJ, Secretary for Social Ministry in JCAP.
For more information about the meeting please access https://www.facebook.com/groups/181436242323877/
- Published on Monday, 03 October 2016 02:06
Here are some recent announcements from the Jesuit Regional Office of Malaysia-Singapore:
1. Fr. Aloysius Mowe SJ will join the JRS International Office staff as the Director of Advocacy and Communications in May 2017. Aloysius has served as the Country Director for JRS Australia since 1st May 2011. His appointment was announced on the 27th September 2016 to the JRS international Office.
2. Fr Leslie Raj SJ. He has been appointed as the parish priest of St Ignatius Church as of the 1st October 2016 for a period of 6 years.
3. Regional Superior, Colin Tan SJ, has missioned Bernard Hyacinth Arputhasamy SJ to new work in the Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur. He will become the Director of the Archdiocesan Office for Human Development.
4. Fr James Tan SJ and Fr Chris Wee SJ have been called by Fr General to the Final Vows in the Society of Jesus on the 9th September 2016.
- Published on Saturday, 15 October 2016 01:33
The 36th general congregation of the Society of Jesus has elected Fr. Arturo Sosa Abascal of the Venezuelan Province as Superior General. Born in 1948, Fr. Sosa has a licentiate in philosophy and a doctorate in political science. He was provincial superior in Venezuela between 1996 and 2004. In 2014 he was appointed the Delegate for Interprovincial Roman Houses of the Society of Jesus in Rome.
For more biographical information of Fr. Sosa please access this link.
- Published on Saturday, 01 October 2016 14:40
Follow the proceedings of the Thirty-Sixth General Congregation of the Society of Jesus, as Jesuits from around the world gather to elect a new Superior General and to deliberate on important matters of the society. You may access information and news updates at the official GC36 website here.
Please pray for us!